|Relationships:||Gideon Cahill- father (deceased)
Olivia Cahill- mother (deceased)
Luke Cahill- brother (deceased)
Katherine Cahill- sister (deceased)
Jane Cahill- sister (deceased)
Madeleine Cahill- sister (deceased)
Toyotomi Hideyoshi-son (deceased)
|First Appears In:||The Black Book of Buried Secrets|
|Last Appears In:||Vespers Rising|
Thomas Cahill was the founder of the Tomas Branch. Thomas was born in 1494. Both he and Katherine believed that it was Luke who set the fire that killed their father. Later, Thomas and Katherine went to Portugal to escape from Luke's spies, where he met a girl named Louisa and married her. He stayed in Portugal for the next three years. Soon after, Katherine became upset with her brother for choosing love over duty and ran away from him, taking one of his Clues with her. Thomas then left Louisa to look for his sister. Even though he was a great explorer, Thomas was still unable to find Katherine. Finally, when he got to Japan, he settled down and married a Japanese lady named Keiko and had Toyotomi Hideyoshi and three other children. He liked his sister Katherine calling him her "only true brother" and felt angry when she stole his Clue.
While he was in Japan, Thomas changed his name to Yaemon, and that is why if you look it up, you will see that the father of Toyotomi Hideyoshi (Thomas' son) is a peasant named Yaemon. Thomas (aka Yaemon) also became ashigaru (a foot soldier). Thomas died in 1543 at the age of a mere 49, when his son, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, was only 8 years old.
"Strength above all"
- Gideon Cahill - Father (deceased)
- Olivia Cahill - Mother (deceased)
- Luke Cahill - Brother (deceased)
- Jane Cahill - Sister (deceased)
- Katherine Cahill - Sister (deceased)
- Madeleine Cahill - Sister (deceased)
- Toyotomi Hideyoshi - Son (deceased)
- Louisa - Wife (deceased)
- Keiko - Second Wife (deceased)
- 3 unknown children (deceased)
- William Shakespeare - Great Nephew (deceased)
- Winthrop Cahill - Nephew (deceased)
- Eisenhower Holt x21 Grandson
- Buchanan Holt x20 Grandson
- Hamilton Holt x22 Grandson
- Reagan Holt x22 Granddaughter
- Madison Holt x22 Granddaughter
- Every other member of the Cahill family.
Appearance and Personality
Thomas Cahill is described as a huge man who has a thick neck and bushy eyebrows by Dan. In 'The Maze of Bones,' Dan comments that Thomas looks a lot like the Holts. He was not a fast thinker, but over time he could solve almost any problem.
- Thomas was the strongest member of the family.
- In the Cahill mural, he is shown with a sword.
- Advance in athletics of any sports in the Cahill Family.