The Holt Family is a family of five (six, including Arnold, the family pet, who is a pit bull) who joined the 39 Clues Hunt as Team Two. They're known to be buff, strong, and not very bright (in some cases). Eisenhower, the father, is the leader.
The Holt family is one of the nine teams to accept the challenge from the will of Grace Cahill in The Maze of Bones and subsequently joined the search for the 39 Clues. They are the only Tomas team, and are usually shown as brawny with little brains and big muscles. Later on though, in the series, Hamilton is revealed to have a talent for working with computers, especially hacking. Despite originally being close knit as a family, by the end of the first series, Hamilton began to make his decisions and made an alliance with Amy and Dan Cahill. They were the first ones to access Cahill Island.
Later, after the Clue Hunt, it is revealed in The Black Book Of Buried Secrets when Hamilton and his family enter the Mt. Fuji, Tomas stronghold that the Holt family are outcasts in the Tomas branch. Despite this, they overpower Ivan Kleister's taunts and commands and begin to tell the other fellow Tomas in the stronghold about how making the Cahill family united again is the number one priority and how the Clue Hunt has been poisoning the family for generations.
They are very strong and talented in physical activities. They have also been teased by the other branches about their lack of smartness. In the clue hunt they planned to show they other Cahills that they aren't dolts.
- Eisenhower Holt - Father
- Mary-Todd Holt - Mother
- Hamilton Holt - Son
- Reagan Holt - Daughter
- Madison Holt - Daughter
- Arnold - Family pet
- Buchanan Holt - Grandfather (deceased)
- Garfield Holt (from the Tomas Archives in the Cahill Web)
Clue Known to Have
- 0.125 fluid ounces of iron solute - given to all teams in Book 1.
- 0.0352739619 fluid ounces of molten amber - found during their alliance with Dan and Amy in Book 5.
- 0.125 ounces of mint - found during Reagan's alliance with the agent in Mission 9.
- 1 sprig of rosemary - found at the time of Book 2
- 0.25 ounces of wormwood - found at the time of Book 4
- 0.25 ounces of zinc - found at the time of Book 6
- 0.25 ounces of bone - found at the time of Book 9.
Each member of the Holt family is named after American political figures.